Our DI RIP-Kit runs on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Professional. The operating system needed depends on the model of the press being used. Users can print from both Macintosh and Windows computers to the RIP.
Includes the following:
• RTI Harlequin RIP-Kit Software with LDK (Electronic License)
• Installation and Configuration Instructions
• DI Plugin with Automatic Ink Key Generation
• 90 Days of Free Technical Support including TeamViewer Remote Support
|Supports the following Presses and Output Devices
• Heidelberg Quickmaster DI 46-4 Classic, Plus and Pro
• Kodak (KPG) DirectPress 5034, 5334 and 5634
• Koenig&Bauer KBA Karat 46
• Presstek 34DI, 34DI-X, 34DI-E and 52DI (Presstek 5334 DI and 5634 DI)
• Presstek Dimension 200, 400 and 800
• Ryobi 3404 DI, 3404 E-DI and 3404 X-DI
• Xerox DocuColor 233 DI-4
• Any device that can accept a 1-bit or 8-bit TIFF file
Benefits of using a Harlequin RIP
• Drive more than one DI press using just one RIP
• Automatically supplies the correct amount of ink to the press
• In-RIP calibration software included
• Accurate ink coverage through preset ink keys
• Savings on ink used at the press
• Reduction in make-ready times and the number of wasted sheets
• Supports a wide range of file formats
• Reliable, high-speed output with industry proven screening technology
• The ability to drive multiple devices from one RIP
• All of our DI RIP-Kits include TIFF output capability
• Add proofing plugins for creating a digital proof
• Add interface kits for driving an imagesetter or platesetter
Harlequin Precision Screening
Every RTI Harlequin RIP includes Harlequin Precision Screening (HPS). When placing color separations on top of one another the RIP precisely calculates screen angles and frequencies to avoid moiré patterns. HPS also uses an adaptive screening technique that adjusts each halftone dot so that it is placed within one half pixel of its ideal location. The RIP allows users to control and manage resolutions (dots per inch or dpi), line screens/frequency (lines per inch or lpi), screen angles, dot shapes, scaling, crop marks, mirror image, negative/positive, rotation and much more. Our screening technology is also designed to work with a wide range of printing processes including Flexography, Offset Lithography, Screen Printing, Gravure, Engraving and Digital Printing.
Screening Information and Sample Dot Shapes
Native PDF, PostScript & XPS
Support for PDF v.1.0 through v.1.7, PDF/X formats, JPEG2000, ISO 32000-1, optional content, cross-reference streams, compressed object streams and 16-bit images. PostScript® Level 3 support also gives users full compatibility with the latest design and printing applications including XPS documents with PrintTickets.
PDF, Postscript and XPS Information
Color Accuracy with Pantone Plus
The Harlequin RIP will ensure optimum use of the output device's color gamut. Pantone Plus support also ensures that emulation of Pantone colors printed using other inks (e.g. CMYK) are as accurate as possible. It is now even easier to achieve consistent, predictable and repeatable color reproduction across any number of devices through tight integration of the RIP with third party closed loop color controls.
Electronic PDF Proofing
Output electronic proofs that accurately represent the final print. The PDF Raster Output feature can be configured to output composite halftone, composite contone or separations.
PDF Proof Information
Hyperthreading & 64-bit Speed
The RTI Harlequin RIP now takes advantage of hyperthreading, multi-core and multiple CPU architectures for faster processing. The 64-bit architecture increases performance by allowing access to more RAM so that even the most complex jobs, rendered at the highest resolutions, can run at full speed.
Control Strip Verification
Built-in Calibration Manager
Calibrate your output devices using the built-in calibration manager. The RIP also includes Genlin which can be used with a supported spectrophotometer to read target data.
Calibration Manager Information
Minimum Dot Control
Users now have the ability to specify a minimum dot which eliminates the harsh edges often seen in highlight areas. This feature will give you great looking highlight areas and allow you to print highlights and perfectly smooth vignettes from 0 through 100%.
Minimum Dot Control Information
When enabled the control strip feature will verify that proofs and prints made from files transmitted as PDF/X have rendered correctly.
Control Strip Information