Price listed includes the trade-in of an existing MetaDimensions, Heidelberg, Presstek or Ryobi dongle. RTI allows 30 days to return the existing dongle. If the existing dongle is not received within 30 days, there will be a $1,000 dongle deposit charged.
Includes the following:
• RTI Harlequin RIP-Kit DVD with Installation and Configuration Instructions
• DI Plugin with Automatic Ink Key Generation
• 90 Days of FREE Technical Support including online assisted support
• License/Product Key (no dongle required)
• TIFF Output Capability
• RTI Calibration Services
|Supports the following Presses
• Heidelberg Quickmaster DI 46-4 Classic, Plus and Pro
• Kodak (KPG) DirectPress 5334 and 5634
• Koenig&Bauer KBA Karat 46
• Presstek 34DI, 34DI-X, 34DI-E and 52DI (Presstek 5334 DI and 5634 DI)
• Ryobi 3404 DI, 3404 E-DI and 3404 X-DI
• Xerox DocuColor 233 DI-4
• Drive more than one DI press using just one RIP
• Automatically supplies the correct amount of ink to the press
• In-RIP calibration software included
• Accurate ink coverage through preset ink keys
• Savings on ink used at the press
• Reduction in make-ready times and the number of wasted sheets
• Supports a wide range of file formats
• Reliable, high-speed output with industry proven screening technology
• The ability to drive multiple devices from one RIP
• Add proofing plugins for creating a digital proof
• Add interface kits for driving an imagesetter or platesetter
Harlequin RIP Features & Benefits
Easy to Configure
If you have a mixed workflow and receive files in more than one format you don’t need to learn different tools for color management, trapping, transparency or screening when using the Harlequin RIP. The software gives you the ability to print across the network to the RIP through shared printers which means faster output times and less hassle trying to resave jobs into different applications.
PostScript® Level 3
Support for PostScript® Level 3 means compatibility with the latest design and printing applications.
Support for PDF v.1.7, PDF/X-4, PDF/X-1a, JPEG2000, optional content, cross-reference streams, compressed object streams and 16-bit images. Supports Variable Data Printing with Retained PDF Raster feature for faster processing.
Support for XPS v.1.0 Documents with PrintTickets (DocumentPageRanges, PageBlendColorSpace, PageMediaSize and PageResolution).
PDF Raster Output
Output electronic proofs for faster approvals.
PDF Raster Output Information
Supported File Types
For users that are not printing to the RIP through a shared printer, the RIP or workflow can process the following file types directly or through a shared spoolfolder (drop folder):
• PostScript 1, 2 and 3
• PDF 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7
• PDF/X-1a:2001 and PDF/X-3:2002
• PDF/X-4, PDF/X-4p:2008, PDF/X-4:2010, PDF/X-4p:2010
• PDF/X-5g, PDF/X-5pg
• WDP HD Photos
• TIFF 6
• JPEG, GIF, EPS, JBIG2
• DCS and DCS 2
Harlequin Precision Screening
Every RTI Harlequin RIP includes Harlequin Precision Screening (HPS). When placing color separations on top of one another, the angles and frequencies at which those separations are produced should be calculated very accurately to eliminate moiré patterns. To reduce moiré patterning, HPS uses an adaptive screening technique that can adjust each halftone dot so that it is placed within one half pixel of its ideal location.
Separations and Screening
The RIP allows you to control and manage resolutions, line screens (frequency), screen angles and dot shapes.
Separations and Screening Information
Calibrate your imagesetter, platesetter, proofer or printing press using the software's built-in calibration tool.
Calibration Manager Information
Color Accuracy & Pantone Plus
The Harlequin RIP will ensure optimum use of the output device's color gamut and adds Pantone Plus support to ensure that emulation of Pantone colors printed using other inks (e.g. CMYK) are as accurate as possible.